Who doesn’t love saving money? Here are my top 3 money saving apps that I love to use. Actually, these are the only ones I use. There are many apps out there but I’ve found that these are the easiest and quickest ones. These are definitely no hassle apps.
Here’s how it works. Simply sign up here and download the Apple or Android app for your phone. There are three ways to earn cash back.
- By sending picture of receipt – Open the app, find offers for products, go shopping at the participating stores, open the app and click redeem offers, take photo of your receipt, match the items you bought with the receipt and within 48 hours the cash back will be deposited into your ibotta account.
- Link a loyalty card – Choose one of their preferred partners and connect your loyalty card or phone number, before you shop add offers, use your loyalty card when you go shopping and within 48 hours the cash back will be deposited into your ibotta account.
- Mobile in-app purchases – Browse the app for offers, when ready to shop click the shop button in the ibotta app, make a qualifying purchase through the app and you’ll receive a confirmation once your offer is pending cash back.
There are several reasons I love using this app. First you can still use manufacture coupons in the store to save even more or promo codes when making a mobile in-app purchase. Also, there are monthly bonuses if you reach certain levels or buy from some of their featured products lists. You can also link together with your facebook friends for teamwork bonuses.
Getting your cash back is easy. Once your ibotta account reaches $20 or more you can withdraw your cash via PayPal or Venmo or use it to buy a gift card from over 20 retailers including Walmart and Amazon.
Sign up with ibotta today and they will give you a $10 welcome bonus just for signing up.
Second is the Walmart Savings Catcher app. It’s been around for a while but if you haven’t tried it yet you should!! I put if off and really regret not doing it sooner.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the Walmart Savings Catcher app for Android or iPhone.
- Submit your receipt to Savings Catcher in any one of two ways. Enter the receipt number (the TC number) into Savings Catcher at savingscatcher.walmart.com or in the Walmart Android or iPhone app. You’ll find this number located near the bottom of your printed Walmart store receipt or, scan the code at the bottom of your printed store receipt, using the scanner in the Savings Catcher section of the Walmart app.
- Savings Catcher compares the prices of the eligible items you bought at Walmart to the advertised prices found in the print and online versions of the weekly ads of top retailers in your area. The ads must be valid at the time you made your Walmart purchase.
- If Savings Catcher finds an advertised price that is lower than what you paid for the same exact item at Walmart, you’ll get back the difference in the form of Savings Catcher Reward Dollars, which can be redeemed for a Walmart Rewards eGift Card or Walmart Buck$ added to your Bluebird by American Express Card, which can be used to make purchases exclusively in-store at Walmart or online at Walmart.com.
This app is the easiest to use and it takes almost no extra effort when shopping!
The third and final app I use is ebates. With the holidays coming up and how easy it is to shop online you’d be crazy not to sign up with ebates.com to earn cash back at your favorite retailers. Here’s how this one works.
- Sign up at ebates.com.
- Before you make any online purchases log into your ebates.com account and shop through their link.
- Earn cash back on your purchases.
- Get a check mailed to you or have the money deposited directly into your PayPal account.
I love the ease of the one as well and with over 1,800 retailers there is always cash back to be earned when shopping online. Sign up today at ebates.com and you will receive a $10 cash bonus.
I’d love to hear from you in the comments if you use any of these apps or have a favorite that’s not listed. 🙂
*This post does contains affiliate links. While I do earn a small commission each time someone signs up through one of my links all content and opinions expressed here are my own. 🙂